Saturday 13 October 2012

Branded...for life?

It is that time of the month/year/life where I get to put everything I know,love and am about textiles onto either a 4' by 7' piece of card or a condensed four page document...a series of pages in a slick black box...
It is that time where I get to see the fruits of my labour of love for the past few years come together in a neat little package that will hopefully do justice to my passion and love for this very special thing called textile design!
First up..
I've been working on...well its a business card really ...but to me, its a representation of what I do and an expression of how I feel about it...

Here's what I've come up with...





Here's a little thought behind the process :)
The image is an original photo taken in the print studio. Often the tools I use and the magical mess that screen printing creates can be so beautiful and engaging. A little bit of digital collage helped bring a couple of shots together into what I hope is something that will draw people in and if they can in some way connect to the image...them my work is done!

I must plod along now...My end of university countdown has begun with barely weeks remaining to do what I have to do.I'm filled with a nervous sort of excitement and I can't wait to share with you all the behind the scenes action of the past few weeks!

Thanks for sticking around :)

Until next time...
T

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to tell me you've read this post :) Means alot!
Cheers!
T

A little bit about me

My photo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Hello! I'm Tanya or just T if you'd prefer. I'm a Textile designer by trade and lover of all kinds of lovely :) This blog is exactly about that and a wee bit about life, so feel free to take a little wander...x