Friday 24 August 2012

Baking and textiles...

...REALLY DO GO TOGETHER...
Over the years of spending much of my waking hours around paints,paper,fabric,inks,caffeine,more fabric and so on...I've learnt that there is a very special connection between the practise of textile design and the art of baking.
The two, though completely unrelated somehow co-exist in the textile designers world. Often, its because a slice of chocolate cake eases the pain and desperation of sleepless nights and looming deadlines, but to me personally, its an extension of my creativity and passion for all things lovely!
I more than often find myself baking,photographing and fondly admiring my  baked creations(usually full of butter and sugar,shhh!).
Baking refreshes me, restores my passion for the creative and most importantly provides the opportunity to take some time out from the mad rush of university commitments and enjoy the simple things in life...like a coffee and cake with a friend..or most times...JUST BY MYSELF! Bliss!

So for all you sweet treat lovers out there this post is for you and like I said, baking and textiles really do go together :)
So hope you like this little photo montage of some of my sugary treats and my textile patterns!


























What's bakin' in your oven this weekend? :)

x
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to tell me you've read this post :) Means alot!
Cheers!
T

A little bit about me

My photo
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Hello! I'm Tanya or just T if you'd prefer. I'm a Textile designer by trade and lover of all kinds of lovely :) This blog is exactly about that and a wee bit about life, so feel free to take a little wander...x